We invite all Alberg owners and their crews to join the Great Lakes Alberg Association family. Your membership will contribute to preserving the rich tradition of the GLAA and to promoting an appreciation of Carl Alberg’s classic designs.
What are the types of membership?
The GLAA offers three types of membership:
- Full membership is for Alberg owners who wish to race and cruise with other Albergs, while taking full advantage of all the events, opportunities and camaraderie that the GLAA has to offer.
- Crew membership is designed for those who do not own a boat but who still wish to experience the thrill of racing and cruising as crew on Alberg yachts.
- Website advertising membership is designed for individuals or businesses who wish to post buy and sell ads for Albergs and related items and services in our online Marketplace, but who do not wish to participate in the life of the club.
What are the benefits of membership?
This table summarizes the benefits of each level of membership for one calendar year*.
|Membership type:||Website Advertising $30||Crew $20||Full $30|
|Post unlimited Marketplace ads (buy/sell) online**||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|GLAA email newsletter||Yes||Yes|
|Voting privileges at AGM||Yes|
|Stand for election to Board||Yes|
|Participate in racing, cruising and social events||Yes||Yes|
|Eligible for racing and cruising trophies||Yes||Yes|
|Welcome pack (new members)||Yes||Yes|
*Note: September 1st of each year is the cut-off date for joining in the current year. If a membership application is received by the Executive after September 1st in any calendar year, the membership will be applied to the upcoming year.
**Marketplace ads are intended for selling (or requesting to buy) Alberg yachts and other boat-related items and services.
The welcome pack for new members includes:
- A GLAA Burgee (standard design), valued at $20;
- A GLAA Burgee Decal suitable for car or boat, valued at $5; and
- A certificate for a six (6) month subscription to Good Old Boat magazine.
How do I join?
There are two steps to joining the GLAA at any of the three levels of membership:
- Submit a membership form.
- Pay the appropriate membership fee.
You may choose to complete your membership form and payment either online or by mail.
Apply and pay online:
- Fill out the online membership form.
- Pay using your credit card or PayPal account by clicking the “Add to Cart” button corresponding to your membership level:
|Website Advertising membership|
If paying by credit card, select “Check out: Pay without a PayPal account.”
Apply and pay by mail:
- Download, print and complete the mail-in membership form.
- Mail the completed form with your cheque payable to Great Lakes Alberg Association to the address on the form.
If you have any questions about membership, please Contact Us and we will be glad to help!